Hotbeds of activity around business create an uptick in warehouses and distribution centers. As a crucial supply chain component, warehouses rely on technology to ensure seamless, rapid, and efficient operations. For many, an Extended warehouse management system (EWM) is command central— the essential machinery to facilitate this objective.
And when it comes to EWM, making the right choice can significantly impact the efficiency and productivity of your operations. While different types of EAM are available in the market to meet the diverse needs of warehouses, choosing the right one for your business can be challenging if the differences are unclear.
SAP ITS Mobile and Crave RF-EWM Native App are two prominent options in the market, each offering unique features and capabilities. However, determining which solution best suits your organization’s needs requires careful consideration. It’s easy to become overwhelmed without the proper information. The decision can be simplified with a few fundamental questions!
Taking a few minutes to consider your needs and the needs of your business can save a lot of time (and money) before investing in the right option.
Decoding EWM Solutions: SAP ITS Mobile vs. Crave InfoTech's RF EWM Mobile App
First, it’s important to understand the difference between ITS Mobile and RF EWM App. To begin with, ITS Mobile is a technology developed by SAP that connects mobile devices to SAP systems. It uses SAP’s proprietary Dynpro language to provide browser-based access to various SAP enterprise applications, such as ERP and SRM. If you’re familiar with editing the Config.xml and HTML files of Enterprise Browser (EB) apps, you can customize ITSmobile to work with these SAP backend applications.
Sitting in your office, these two pieces of tech might look similar. However, they have just as many differences as they do similarities. Each solution has unique strengths and capabilities. So, which one is the right fit for your business?
The SAP ITS Mobile
SAP’s ITS Mobile offers extensive customization. You can tailor workflows and processes using the vast ecosystem and developer community. It seamlessly integrates with other SAP modules, ensuring smooth operations across your business processes. However, it’s worth noting that ITS Mobile has certain limitations.
- Cost: Implementing and maintaining SAP’s ITS Mobile— licensing fees, infrastructure requirements, and ongoing support and maintenance— can be costly, particularly for small to medium-sized businesses.
- Complex App Development: While SAP’s ITS Mobile allows certain customization, it can be tricky to customize Enterprise Browser (EB) apps to interact with SAP’s ITS Mobile and access SAP back-end enterprise apps. EB app Config.xml and HTML editing need expertise and resources.
- Outdated UX/UI: The current SAP ITS Mobile technology is not user-friendly. As businesses switch from ECC to S/4 HANA or decentralized EWM systems and Windows mobiles to Android devices, the outdated user interface becomes a significant drawback.
- Migration Challenges: SAP apps migrated from Windows Mobile/CE to Android often have page-fitting and hardware function key issues. You’ve to maintain distinct programs for multiple device-screen sizes and design HTML-based buttons to replace physical keys, complicating the conversion process.
When it first entered the market a few years ago, the SAP ITS Mobile made a splash in the warehouse industry, transforming workflows. But it hasn’t kept up with the times. Its outdated interface, reliance on older versions of HTML, and compatibility limitations create issues like lag and connectivity problems. That’s where Crave RF-EWM comes in. With its intuitive and modern UI/UX and seamless offline functionality, it offers a superior user experience.
Crave RF-EWM Mobile App
RF-EWM is built using native technologies like Android and iOS, providing a more robust and faster solution compared to traditional apps. This app utilizes radio frequency technology for wireless data transmission, effectively streamlining essential warehouse tasks. It integrates seamlessly with ERP and WMS systems, offering configurable dashboards with analytics capabilities. With its user-friendly interface tailored to warehouse workflows, the RF-EWM includes a range of intuitive features supporting activities like order picking, receiving, put-away, and cycle counting.
- Intuitive User Interface: The RF-EWM native app boasts a modern and intuitive user interface, prioritizing a seamless user experience. Its sleek design and user-friendly features will help your team to adapt quickly. It supports Android & iOS devices and comes with a disruptive pre-packaged app to efficiently carry out critical warehouse operator functions.
- Device Compatibility: Organizations can adapt RF-EWM to meet their specific needs and seamlessly integrate it with existing technologies. The app is compatible with popular hands-free and handheld devices and is tested for memory leak, battery usage and scanning efficiency on Zebra and Panasonic devices. This enables warehouse personnel to perform various operations, such as scanning items efficiently.
- Offline Capabilities: One of the standout features of the RF EWM app is its offline functionality. It allows users to continue working in areas with limited or no network connectivity. This offline capability ensures uninterrupted operations and eliminates dependence on constant network availability. And when the network is back, the app instantly synchronizes the data, ensuring seamless integration with the back-end system.
- RFID Integration: The app’s RF (Radio Frequency) aspect refers to its ability to communicate with RF-enabled devices, such as handheld scanners and mobile terminals, commonly used in warehouses for inventory tracking and management. With improved data collection accuracy and speed, you may eliminate the requirement for manual entry and reduce human errors.
- Real-time Inventory Visibility: RF-EWM provides businesses with real-time visibility into their inventory. You can easily track the stock levels, locations, and movements over your morning coffee. This ensures accurate stock counts, minimizes errors and enables efficient inventory management. t.
- Granular tracking: The application offers granular tracking and tracing capabilities, enabling you to monitor inventory movements, maintain accurate records, and meet regulatory compliance requirements.
Choosing the Right Fit
While there is no straight answer to whether to go for SAP ITS or RF-EWM, you can take away a few general rules from this blog.
Ultimately it all boils down to staying agile while meeting the needs of modern users. The modern-day cut-throat competitive era demands constant innovations and differentiators to survive and scale. With outdated interfaces and significant limitations, ITS Mobile no longer keeps up with the demands of today’s tech-savvy millennials. Upgrading the user interface is crucial to stay ahead in the ever-evolving warehouse management landscape. That’s where Crave RF-EWM shines. It offers an intuitive, modern UI/UX, seamless offline functionality, and robust performance.
Say goodbye to limitations and embrace a cutting-edge solution that caters to dynamic warehouse management needs. With streamlined operations, you can concentrate on what truly matters— strategic initiatives that drive your business forward.
Not sure if RF-EWM can fit into your industry-specific need? Read our blog on Crave InfoTech’s RF-EWM Proficiency in 5 Industry Verticals. It vividly illustrates the impact and extraordinary potential of Crave InfoTech’s RF-EWM across various industries. Elevate your operations and leave your competitors in awe. Contact us today to experience the difference with Crave RF-EWM.