“It’s written in the stars! But, processed in the clouds.” It’s true. Now, an enterprise can leverage its Business Technology Platform to not just implement dynamic Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software but also deploy the power of Big Data analytics. It’s the age of digitization and the most cost-effective and efficient way to do it is through a cloud or hybrid platform.
So, before moving ahead, what is the incentive for your enterprise to adopt digitization?
Why should an enterprise adopt digitization-at-scale to future-proof its products?
An International Data Corporation (IDC) report (Oct 2020) stated that 75% of business leaders would engage with digital ecosystems by 2025 to boost their offerings and market share. In line with this prediction, the investment in digital transformation is set to grow at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.5% (2020-2023) to reach $6.8 trillion. The future is calling back with a clear message, digitization-at-scale is the clear way towards winning it.
Consumers and clients, even within a B2B landscape, have become less tolerant of exceptions in product delivery, quality, and service. With heightened competition, the margin for error within manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, customer service, etc. has reduced significantly. How do you sustain in a market where clients are used to innovation in features, experience, quality, and delivery? Logically, there are two ways to do this:
- Reduce errors:
- Cut down on errors and exceptions through immediate detection and timely resolution.
- Drive consistency in manufacturing, warehousing, logistics, and services to standardize client/consumer/user experiences.
- Learn and improve:
- Learn from anomalies, exceptions, and errors to not just ensure they don’t repeat but also apply them to improve overall processes.
- Leverage predictive intelligence to build a system with a lesser risk of anomalies.
- Adapt processes with the internally generated and externally gathered intelligence.
Many times, enterprises focus on one of these points but not the other. Of course, there are some who aren’t adept at either and end up falling behind. How to avoid this? It’s simple.
Crave InfoTech helps companies achieve all the above functionalities while reducing overall tech ownership costs, increasing process efficiencies, and enabling 100% regulation compliance. Its products are built over SAP platforms, which are not just the norm in the world, but also the beacon for innovation and agility.
How SAP’s Business Technology Platform with Crave InfoTech’s solutions help enterprises
You just read the argument for digitization. Now, let’s consider the cloud. Here are the top myths around cloud (or hybrid) platform adoption and their apt debunks.
- Privacy and security: People believe that if they move their data to the clouds, they would lose control over their privacy and security. That’s just not true. SAP are the leaders in their space and your data is absolutely secure in their databases. Moreover, each enterprise has its core competency. Your core competency might be in making medical equipment, essential drugs, or even a refreshing soft drink. The tech you would hope to build to ensure total data security would really strive to match the tech of companies, like SAP, that have spent decades perfecting their cloud and database technologies.
- Location and regulation management: Enterprises may fear that putting their data in a cloud could violate their data storage laws. Such laws are important to ensure that customer and sensitive data is stored in a secure environment (with proper management systems in place for fire or natural disasters), and that the data isn’t accessible to unauthorized personnel.
All client data is absolutely secure within the cloud and stored in the appropriate locations prescribed by law (pertaining to the people to whom the data belongs). Moreover, SAP’s Business Technology Platform (BTP) has multi-layered and multifactorial authentication for data access which ensures total security. There’s another aspect to regulations that causes issues for enterprises. If you are a life science enterprise, you must know the need for total compliance across processes. Any violation wouldn’t just cause loss of market value, but may also result in stringent citations curbing business output. That’s the benefit of having a cloud (or hybrid) based ERP. Crave InfoTech’s solutions, like cMaintenance, cCalibration, cWarehouse, etc. ensure that your processes are always up to date with current, past, and future regulations. How? Crave leverages market insights and intelligence to continually improve its interface, workflows, etc. This means that you will always have the best and most compliant systems in your hand. SAP also improves its BTP in line with its innovative spurts and regulatory evolution. So, you don’t have to worry about these things anymore.
- Compartmentalizing innovation: Some people think that if their data (and inherent learnings/innovation) is on the cloud, their patents, trademarks or processes might become open to competitors. This can’t be further from facts. All data and related analytics are completely compartmentalized. Even heavy processing (planning and forecasting) happens in isolated instances which are totally safe and scalable.
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO): SAP’s BTP enables companies to pay-as-the-go in terms of usage. However, some enterprises may feel that the resultant TCO may inflate a lot. Again, this isn’t true. There are three types of costs associated with product/software integration.
- Deployment costs: Time taken and resources applied between commission and deployment
- Sustenance costs: Maintenance and security (in terms of cloud, can include subscriptions)
- Upgrading: Deploying updates that would either fix issues, upgrade or overhaul apps
The TCO for SAP’s BTM gradually reduces over time. Moreover, Crave InfoTech’s products further reduce this TCO with rapid deployment, potent customization, and complete support.
There’s a lot more to unpack which we will do at a later date… but the writing is in the stars, isn’t it? SAP’s BTM and Crave InfoTech’s products will help your enterprise scale with consistency, agility, and responsiveness. Just reach out to us and we will help you realize this future.